Call for Papers of the „Journal of Higher Education Research“
Special issue „Treating patients, doing research and teaching students. Challenges and opportunities for university medicine“
The publishers invite contributions from researchers that address relevant aspects of medical education, medical research, and the medical profession from disciplinary or interdisciplinary viewpoints, in a national or international perspective.
Topics may include, but are not limited to:
- Learning sciences research in medicine (e.g., didactics and teaching methods, assessment and certification)
- Undergraduate education (e.g., curricular developments, student selection, admission, study success, scientific literacy, and competence)
- Graduate medical education (e.g., specialty choice, further/ongoing education)
- Medical careers (e.g., career choices, early career experiences, work-life balance, dropout of the curative sector)
- The pursuit of academic research in all educational and career stages (e.g., research activities of students, challenges of pursuing an academic research career)
- Interprofessional education and learning (e.g., interprofessional teams in the workplace, study programs outside the medical profession)
- Digitalisation in medical education, research, and teaching (e.g., digitally assisted patient communication, gamification, and other digital teaching methods)
The publishers welcome different types of manuscripts, such as articles providing an overview of a particular topic (systematic reviews), research articles, research notes, and insights into the practice (cp. www.bzh.bayern.de, see “Guidelines for authors”). They have to be written in British English.
Submission of abstracts: December 15, 2019
Submission of full article: July 1st, 2020
Please send your submissions to: Beitraege (at) ihf.bayern.de
For any further questions, please contact Dr. Maike Reimer (E-Mail: reimer (at) ihf.bayern.de)